Sonos products

• 27 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 101 replies

Hello To All of You👋

I’m just wondering….what Sonos/Ikea collab YOU are most happy with(and perhaps why),and what product from Sonos/Ikea collab do YOU use the most?

For me the product that i’m most impressed with is the Playbase. Such an nice sound and the shape makes it blend in my interiour.

But right now i will say the Roam is the product i use the most during a day in my life….play radio from my bedside table.

On the other end of the scale….the Play:1. It’s not a sound i was comfy with,and i passed it on. Of the products i own right now it will be the Beam Gen2. I feel it is kinda shy in the sound.

The product i least use i will probobly say the Fives,but that is more of an placement-issue than a use-issue. They are in my home cinema room rather in my bedroom where i normally use the Era 100 for music.

Have a Nice Day☀️

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BOL74,

I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying your Playbase and Roam, I don’t use my Roam as much but it’s a good portable speaker. I used to have two Sonos One SLs as a stereo pair on my desk but since getting the Era 300, I’d have to say that’s the speaker I’m most happy with, I hardly use my others now. 

By Sonos/Ikea collaboration, did you mean Sonos speakers and the Ikea collaboration speakers? What you’ve listed aren’t collaboration devices, that would be the Symfonisk range from Ikea, which are the lamp, bookshelf, and picture frame speakers.

I’ve also moved this topic to the General Feedback and Conversation forum as I feel that’s a better place for this thread. My reply will boost this to recently active as well, so maybe some other users can join in to let us know their favourite Sonos speakers or devices.

But right now i will say the Roam is the product i use the most during a day in my life….play radio from my bedside table.

I think an underrated aspect of the Roam is that does a really good job of providing audio in the smaller spaces of your home, such as a bathroom or hallway.  Or if you really want audio everywhere, a walk in closet.  The bathroom makes a ton sense because of the small for factor and water proofing.  I have a pair in my bathroom that I never use a portable speaker.  In some ways, the battery is more of a burden then a benefit, if Sonos came out with a speaker with the same audio capabilities and similar form factor, but stripped out the battery, I would likely replace my Roams with that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Jamie A

Thanx for fixing the right place to post my quesion/topics/whatever i post…👌

Yeah,i assume you all understand as far as speakers from Ikea i place under catagory: Sonos speakers(and aquipment such f.example Amp or Trådfri volume-knob+Dirigera…..)

I’m not gonna de-rail my topic here but i agree that the Roam is perfect for bathroom. I just recive my Ikea Picture Frame’s + Ikea Lamp(Symfonisk) so i replace them at my grannys place and took the Rome/Rome SL over to my place to use them in my bathroom. Enjoyable😀.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Happiest with my Amp as it’s TBH the perfect audio device for my use and a perfect pair with my speakers. The one’s I use the most are Port and Amp (with ikea lamp surrounds and sub) as they are in the two most used areas of my house.