Sonos One SL starts by it self

• 27 January 2023
  • 6 replies

My Sonor One SL woke me up last night playing loud music in my living room.

The culprit - a tiny leaf from one of my living room plants had fallen atop the Sonos.

This was enough to start the playlist I had litened to on Spotify on my mobile in the evening.

One tiny leaf falling atop the Sonos One SL playbak controller started the thing …...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t expect a falling leaf to initiate playback. That may just have been coincidence that a leaf had fallen onto the device.

I just tried pressing objects on the touch controls and they did not register. The touch controls were only activated when the touch was with a finger.

If you don’t use the touch controls on the speaker you could always disable them in the Sonos app.

Just tried with the same leaf, and yes - playback started. Leaf was 0,3" x 2".

Userlevel 7

Simple solution. Move the plant away from the speaker so there is nothing overhead.

Done

A bit of a warning to all then …😂 ha

Conversely, people like me turn off those controls in the Sonos controller, as we don’t use them regularly. 

I am somewhat surprised to hear a leaf actuated one, but not completely shocked.