Sonos dropouts solved!

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I have had music dropouts since I first got Sonos many years ago and it has been driving me crazy for years. I tried every solution that’s recommended in the community and called Sonos support on the telephone and had no luck. Well, there’s many reasons for dropouts, but mine was simpler than I could possibly imagine. I installed a new TP Link deco X 20 router and that fixed everything. My Sonos is in a wired configuration with a boost connected to the router with an ethernet cable and always has been. I switched from airport extreme last generation router to this new TP Link and that solved it . If you have tried everything else and can’t figure it out maybe try a new router. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mguerramd 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sharing your findings, and I’m glad to hear you’re able to enjoy your Sonos system again!

Remember to keep your router and Sonos Boost at least a metre apart - that may have been the initial issue.

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Glad you solved your issue. BTW…for anyone else viewing this post Apple networking devices are outdated (although Apple provides a modicum of support) and should be replaced. Also, if using a Bridge (although @mguerramd indicated it’s a Boost) it may be the cause of issues as it is outdated as well. *
Just…FYI.

* The Boost replaced the Bridge.