Answered

sonos beam gen 2

• 14 December 2022
  • 8 replies

My sonos beam audio sticks intermittently

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 20 December 2022, 16:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I don’t know what “sticks” means.

Hi

there is an continuous intermittent glitch , a bit like when a record jumps on a turn table 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When playing tv sound or a streamed source? 

Userlevel 7

What specific model TV do you have? Are you streaming from an external media device or from the TV’s native apps?

Hi

i

It happens when I’m watching sky tv through my Hisense tv

its fine when streaming music from Spotify 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Radnor, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If your TV sound is jumping/intermittently glitching but music streaming works fine, then it’s likely a connection between the TV and Sonos Beam.

To rule out the basics, I’d recommend rebooting the TV and Beam by powering them off for a few minutes then back on. While they’re powered off, try re-seating the HDMI cable between the TV and Beam.

If you’re still having sound issues with TV audio, try another HDMI cable or the Optical Adaptor that came with the Beam and see if this resolves your issue.

I hope this information helps!

Hi Jamie 

thanks for your help, appreciated.

i’ll do the above when i get home, how do I use the optical adapter

thanks

kev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Radnor,

You connect the adaptor to a HDMI cable, then plug the optical port into the TV if you TV has one. 

This is just to see whether or not this fixes the issue, as it will help us narrow down what is causing the audio interruptions.