Answered

Sonos and Music! Five and Dual Subs

• 16 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I Would love to use my 2 x Subs (Paired) with my 2 x Fives (paired)for a wide base. Trueplay on that, and would be wonderful.

The use of dual Subs should be unlocked!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 August 2023, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This has been requested previously and there are a few threads on the same topic where the Sonos Staff have responded and forwarded the request onto the Sonos Engineers… here’s one example

At the moment there isn’t anything to say this will happen and Sonos very rarely comment on their development roadmap. It’s a case of waiting to see if this may happen, but it is a feature request going back some years.

A little waste, not unlocking this potential. I assume its an easy option to add in the S2.

S2 has the same restrictions. The only ‘room’ that can contain two Subs remains a home theater room, one of the Subs must be a gen 3. There is no way in S2 to have two subs connected to two Fives in a ‘music’ room. 

A little waste, not unlocking this potential. I assume its an easy option to add in the S2.

Maybe the dual Subs will be introduced with the Era-500’s, if those speakers are in the pipeline and will be replacing the Fives, as some have been speculating.

We shall just have to wait and see what happens - we can only guess at these things.