Answered

Show file type in Sonos s2 app from local library

• 12 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a Sonos beam and I have all my music stored locally on my computer. Everything is working great. However I wan’t to know the type of file that is currently playing, I am using my phone (s2) app to control and play everything. I have some doubles in say mp3 and flac and would like to know which one I am currently playing. Am i missing something as I can’t see any way to show this information.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 December 2022, 22:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, you’re not missing anything. Right now, the Sonos controller shows you files it can “read” without showing you what format they’re in. 

It’s an interesting request, although I think most people wouldn’t care, as long as the file plays. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @zr0dfx and welcome to the Sonos Community!

Airgetlam is completely right and this is indeed an interesting feature request. I’ve marked this thread as such and forwarded it to the developers for consideration!

Always appreciate the feedback and kind words.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My Windows app (see profile) shows FLAC tracks with a star when browsing (for both files and music service tracks), and shows them as “HD” when playing them.