Scheduled settings changes

• 25 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Something I’d love: the ability to have saved configurations that could be automatically scheduled. For example: I live in a townhouse and sound doesn’t travel between the walls but subwoofer vibrations do. I turn off my Sonos sub and turn down the bass EQ on my Arc after 11pm. I’d love to just switch to my “late night” profile, or even better have it set to switch automatically at a set time. This would be incredibly useful for a lot of use cases, especially for those of us who have a lot of Sonos speakers. 

2 replies

You can already do this, if you deploy a homeassistant anywhere on your network. With the Sonos integration I’m resetting alls speakers during the night to my preferred settings so that my little one is not blasting the whole house at 5am in the morning - had that twice and got the approval to install whatever is needed by the president of the house (wife).

ben

If you have iPhone, check out Soro app. It can run shortcuts that’ll change settings and you can automate those to run whatever time you want. It’s not free app but quite useful as Sonos doesn’t support iOS shortcuts natively.