s2 app upgrade

New app. Upgraded on one device. Glitchy to begin with. Most things there with new navigation, no biggy. Only frustration is groups as before are shown under “manage” but not all the groups are available for selection to actually play as a group. In my case 3 out of 5 groups can be selected to play. Deleted and recreated those not appearing but still no go. Wait and see I guess. Thankfully I didn’t upgrade in every device.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @thoskin 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for flagging this - I haven’t heard any other reports of this behaviour, so I would ask you to please try rebooting the phone/tablet that has the new app installed to see if that helps matters at all. Please let me know how you get on.

I hope this helps.

No. Rebooted several times. Also reset under app preferences. Went through live chat and I additionally spoke with help desk. Was advised issue was “likely caused by upgrade”  😂 😳 however no solution provided. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @thoskin 

Thank you for flagging this - I haven’t heard any other reports of this behaviour, so I would ask you to please try rebooting the phone/tablet that has the new app installed to see if that helps matters at all. Please let me know how you get on.

I hope this helps.

Corry P - um, there are one or two more pressing threads about the new app that could do with your presence...

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @thoskin 

I hope this helps.

I am also experiencing this. New app does not reflect any changes made to the system. I can group speakers but new app does not recognize it and defaults to always selecting the first speaker in the list.

You may also notice the group name you assigned does not appear anywhere except in manage mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rhonny 

Corry P - um, there are one or two more pressing threads about the new app that could do with your presence...

I am painfully aware, but at present the new threads are coming in faster than we can read them, never mind respond to each one in turn. We will get to those we can, and amalgamate other threads into larger ones and reply en-mass. Again, only when we can. Please bare with us.