Preset volume on speakers in groups

• 5 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Ok this feature request has been submitted several times over the past five years or more but as nothing has been done about it I’m raising it again.

It is a real pain to have to adjust the volume for each individual speaker every time I select a speaker group. Why are we not able to preset speaker volumes in a group? This seems a simple enough feature to implement. Why is it taking more than five years?

I get the sense that Sonos is not listening to its customers. Please tell me at that this obvious and simple feature is at least being considered. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @bradf, welcome back!

Every feature request in our Community is being forwarded to the appropriate teams for consideration. That does not mean the feature is guaranteed to be implemented.

There are several factors that are being considered prior to the implementation of any new feature.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and as I said above, forwarded it to the relevant teams.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thanks for the reply. Good to know that our concerns are at least being considered. This issue has been raised multiple times over the past five years. I love my SONOS sound system but this particular issue is a daily annoyance. I hope others will echo my concerns and elevate the priority of this feature request.

Badge +3

I was just thinking about this!

I’m constantly adjusting the volume across my three speakers every single day, as I want particular speakers at particular volumes at different times of the day. I open the volume widget so many times a day to wrestle with those damn fiddly sliders.

Good to know it’s been requested by so many... not so good to know that it has apparently taken 5+ years to implement, with no news as to when we can expect such a simple feature.

Make it happen SONOS!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Sonos engineers are going to do what they like as in sound and features…but we buy the product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Don’t look to Sonos to “Make it happen.”

Sonos often responds to user requests but only when enough users make them that Sonos thinks they are worth spending the development costs is justified.

Get more users to support your requests and your odds will improve.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey @bradf, welcome back!

Every feature request in our Community is being forwarded to the appropriate teams for consideration. That does not mean the feature is guaranteed to be implemented.

There are several factors that are being considered prior to the implementation of any new feature.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and as I said above, forwarded it to the relevant teams.

Thank you for the feedback.

We really need smart app to be able to control all volume on all speakers individually and it does not matter if they are in groups or surround mode. I just wasted a lot of money for new Arc and 2 - Era 300 as surround speakers and the front facing speaker on Era 300 is disabled in surround in all scenarios. What a waste of money! Common guys you can do better this is joke that we cannot control still volume on individual speakers. Why to sell speaker if they cannot perform basics. I know what you will say but give as an option if we want to have it leave us to have it and not to keep constantly asking for it and Sonos keeps ignoring and rejecting it. This is not impressive at all since I had 2 arcs delivered and both were imperfect in terms of quality. Common when your quality starts lacking give us compensation in smart solutions. That is all.