Power socket by sonos era 100 wall mounts

• 28 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello, I’m planning to install 2 Sonos era 100 speakers on wall mounts (fairly high up) and 2 new uk 3 pin power socket for each speaker. Has anyone done this before, and if so where’s the best place to locate the socket in relation the the  bracket/speaker to make the sockets inconspicuous? Ideally the socket would be hidden behind the speaker.

Any pictures would be really appreciated.

Thank you 

6 replies

I did this at one point in a house I owned in CA, in my kitchen, with PLAY:1s. It was easiest to work with my electrician and the actual mounts themselves to determine a good location. I do remember making or buying shorter power leads for those locations, so I didn’t have wrapped or dangling cords to deal with. If you haven’t yet, I’d encourage a Google search or two. I seem to recall that within months of installing, someone in the US came out with mounts that literally included a power plug. I don’t think I ever searched for a UK version, but it’s possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A box like this would allow you to slip any extra cord into the brush slot. Finding one to your electrical code should be possible.

https://www.amazon.com/Concealer-Connection-Management-HT2102WHV1-Hardwired/dp/B003JUBMCI/ref=sr_1_2

Which reminds me. I’ve been using the Sonos Sanus mount/stand for years. Just at ground level, which I wasn’t thinking about at height. It isn’t tillable, though. 

This may be what I was originally looking at. The name Midlite rings a faint bell. It would have gotten rid of the wall plug, but I think it was in beta back when I was looking at it. No personal experience on that device. 

For wall mounts where do you place the power outlet and how do you hide the power cord?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

For wall mounts where do you place the power outlet and how do you hide the power cord?

Isn’t that covered in the posts above? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

An alternative is to run the power cable in some trunking.