Answered

new Eero fitted yesterday and none of the sonos products will connect to wifi

• 8 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi , open reach engineer came out yesterday to replace our old router with new super fast fibre optic broadband, 2 Eero routers now in the house 1 wired off the Ethernet cable the other in the kitchen is linked to it.

however we have Sonos devices sound bar sub woofer and new play bar in another room plus a play upstairs , none of them are connected to the Sonos app account and none of them especially the sub will connect to WiFi , we tried for hours last night to connect , I found this forum and this morning changed the settings on the Eero to bridge , still didn’t find any Sonos products but then the smart tv would connect to the internet either , before I made the changes this morning, they had previously connected fine , now I have no idea how to move this forward .

sound bar and sub are almost 5 years old , not sure what gen they would be as I, 

m not that technically minded ….

please help 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 July 2023, 12:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Here are the Sonos instructions…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

It’s basically, wire one Sonos product to the new eero router primary hub and connect the mobile controller device to the routers WiFi. Reboot the other (wireless) players/devices to ensure they all connect together.

When all show in the Sonos App, then goto ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ and remove the old WiFi credentials by selecting them in the list (if no longer being used) and choose to ‘Update Networks’ … follow the onscreen instructions to then add the new CaSEsEnSitIVe WiFi credentials (SSID/Password) to the entire system/players.

Once completed, then uncable the wired Sonos device and wait 5-10 minutes for all devices to show up in the App and now running on the new wireless network signal. If it doesn’t work, you have likely incorrectly entered the new WiFi credentials, so make sure the details are entered with some care.

Thanks for the reply Ken , the only one we can connect will be my daughters play 5 directly to the eero primary hub , hopefully that will work and we can get the app to show all the other bits that we need to connect the system which are currently greyed out .

will let you know how we get on.

regards , Nessy