Question

New App - how to add a track to an existing queue?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

On the new app, when I click on an individual track, the only option I get is to replace the queue. How do I leave an existing queue in place and just add one additional track to the queue? I was easily able to do this on the prior app, but can’t find any way to do this on the new app.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can't.

Honestly, in the New App you can't do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The Sonos suggested workaround is to replace it with a different queue.  Maybe one you already have that's the same as the one you're playing but with the extra track…..

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

But you can’t even create a new list using the new App! Every track you want to add simply replaces the entire queue. 

Thankfully, I only updated the app on one of my devices, and still have the older app on other devices. I’m hoping I can still use the older app until they fix everything that’s broken with this new app. This app definitely wasn’t ready! 

But you can’t even create a new list using the new App! Every track you want to add simply replaces the entire queue. 

Thankfully, I only updated the app on one of my devices, and still have the older app on other devices. I’m hoping I can still use the older app until they fix everything that’s broken with this new app. This app definitely wasn’t ready! 

I agree, but it does look like the feature is perhaps coming to the new App, because the images/animations on Sonos.com here, do show this…

See here: https://www.sonos.com/en/controller-app

Also see attached animation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I agree, but it does look like the feature is perhaps coming to the new App, because the images/animations on Sonos.com here, do show this…

Also see attached animation.

Thanks for posting that, which makes me feel a little better. I hope it won’t take too long to fix because this is a feature I use a lot.

Also see attached animationThanks for posting that, which makes me feel a little better. I hope it won’t take too long to fix because this is a feature I use a lot.

I use the feature a lot too. Hope it returns soon.👍

Very frustrating, just downloaded the new version today on my phone.  I use the add to queue function all the time.  Glad I only updated on my phone and not my iPad.  Hopefully they get this straightened out soon.

Blimey! That’s pretty core functionality to miss out?

Use Case 1: user is listening to a song and wishes to line up a few songs to play.

“Yeah, we’ll just add that at a later date…”

It's really hard to understand why they'd roll out a new app without this feature.   Who only puts on 1 song?  Shame.

Does SONOS do anything with these community discussions?  I am experiencing extreme frustration with the new app and it seems to me that it being pushed to market without the ability to add songs to the queue, adjust alarms, etc. Should be cause for someone to lose their job.  This is some bonehead stuff.