latest update

• 14 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Pop up on my app says update available. Looking at the “learn more “info it says current version is 16.1. I have 16.1 already with speakers and app. Is there something else new? 

5 replies

Go to About My System and check the firmware level on each unit. A sleeping portable may have been offline during the last update.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeah as Buzz said the version is still 16.1 but if you go to build you should see all products are 16.1.1, think it was a speaker update, hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Go to About My System and check the firmware level on each unit. A sleeping portable may have been offline during the last update.

Checked it all again and and everything shows 16.1 app and speakers. But it definitely says I have an update needed.. sample of what all my 15 speakers and app show 

Moderator edit: removed Sonos ID and serial numbers from pictures

Your controller “build” is different from player builds. Perhaps you updated the players using a different controller, now this controller needs an update. Occasionally, SONOS might push out a different build for a controller or player. Update will know about this and behave appropriately. If the controller build is not appropriate, some options will be grayed out until the system is updated.

I recommend continuing with the update.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Your controller “build” is different from player builds. Perhaps you updated the players using a different controller, now this controller needs an update. Occasionally, SONOS might push out a different build for a controller or player. Update will know about this and behave appropriately. If the controller build is not appropriate, some options will be grayed out until the system is updated.

I recommend continuing with the update.

Just saw that the new update is 16.1.1… Peter Pee shows it in his latest video.