Skip to main content

It's mid-July and I still can't access my iTunes music on my Sonos speakers.

• 13 July 2024
  • 3 replies

We have 5 Sonos speakers and used to be able to access my 65 GB of purchased music on iTunes by going to “Imported Playlists” (or something like that) on the old app. Now I cannot find a way to get at that music without having to pay for Apple Music. Why did Sonos do away with that pathway to the iTunes Music, and if they didn’t, where is it? I thought this was going to be sorted out by mid June. Of what year????

3 replies

Userlevel 2

The new sonos app never worked well with my itunes library.  Multiple error messages and music dropping out or not queing, also inability to clear or add to que.  One day all my imported playlists were just gone.  Ive been a longtime Sonos user with $3000 of devices and they’re all useless because the app sucks  Tech support is no help.  Thinking about going to B&W.

The old app worked well with my iTunes, but now … nothing. I am so frustrated. 

Have you re-set up your library, following the revised instructions at the sharing FAQ? Sonos has recently removed a couple of methods by which they used to access your local library, including HTTP and SMB v1. I’m wondering if your local library was being accessed by one of these methods. If the Sonos app was using one of those methods, they won’t be ‘fixed’ by any future releases, to my knowledge.