Instead of fixing the issues I tweeted about on twitter, Sonos decided to blocked me

• 20 April 2021
  • 5 replies

The criticism was about ridiculous full screen Radio HD ads on the Sonos app

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Can you repeat exactly what you said on here without violating the conduct policy?

". @Sonos please stop pushing ads and/or fullscreen popups promoting sonos radio in the app. Or let us turn it off. We already paid decent money for the speaker(s)"

". @Sonos please stop pushing ads and/or fullscreen popups promoting sonos radio in the app. Or let us turn it off. We already paid decent money for the speaker(s)"

Go here https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/

1. Login. 
  2. Go to Profile. 
  3. Scroll down to Edit Profile and click. 
  4. Go to Contact Options.
  5. Turn off Sonos App.
  6. Click on Save Changes.
  7. Tweet an apology because Sonos actually does let you turn it off.

Go here https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/

1. Login. 
  2. Go to Profile. 
  3. Scroll down to Edit Profile and click. 
  4. Go to Contact Options.
  5. Turn off Sonos App.
  6. Click on Save Changes.
  7. Tweet an apology because Sonos actually does let you turn it off.

Literally right there = “We will continue to communicate with you regarding important information, such as changes to our terms and conditions, policy and software updates, beta updates (only if you’re a beta tester) and other routine customer care messages (e.g. delivery information) regardless of your settings.”

Pretty sure showing full screen self promotion Radio HD ads every day (sometime multiple times a day) is NOT an ‘announcement’. It’s an ad, an annoying ad. And even if I was wrong, does blocking me seem like an innocent thing to do as opposed to replying to me? I don’t think so 

Literally right there = “We will continue to communicate with you regarding important information, such as changes to our terms and conditions, policy and software updates, beta updates (only if you’re a beta tester) and other routine customer care messages (e.g. delivery information) regardless of your settings.”

Pretty sure showing full screen self promotion Radio HD ads every day (sometime multiple times a day) is NOT an ‘announcement’. It’s an ad, an annoying ad. And even if I was wrong, does blocking me seem like an innocent thing to do as opposed of replying to me? I don’t think so 

Twitter is a sewer I don’t swim in, so no comment.  Anyway, I’m pretty sure the ad will be blocked if you uncheck the Sonos App in the profile.  Though you may need to restart your controller to get rid of the old ones.