How to experience Dloby Atmos through an LG OLED C1 tv

• 4 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have an LG C1 OLED tv with an Ultra HD Sky Q box.

My setup is a Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 One SL speakers.

Sound out: HDMI ARC

DTV Audio Setting: AUTO

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Out: Pass Through

eARC: Enabled 

I tried for months to receive Dolby Atmos whilst watching Netflix without success until now…

Instead of accessing Netflix through my Sky box, I opened Netflix via the app on my tv. I selected “All quiet on the Western front” movie, knowing it was capable of streaming Dolby Atmos and there it was… Dolby Atmos instead of streaming 5.1 which is what I only received using Netflix through Sky.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Tony. We did that for ages with our Sky box & then realised it was soooo much better through WebOS, might seem simple to some people but it wasn’t to us. We are getting rid of Sky when the contract finishes in June, really no point now. Enjoy Tony.😃

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I was going mad checking everything and still not able to receive Dolby Atmos until reading a post to use the Netflix app via my LG C1 tv.

The sound difference is beyond words so wanted to share my experience with others who may have encountered the same problem.

Top Gun Maverick with Dolby Atmos now is stunning!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Good for you Tony makes you feel great. My wife told me to try it months before, but I said it won’t make any difference, wives are always right Tony. Thanks for sharing a happy story, nice change. 😃