Skip to main content

Horrible Sonos app!

• 26 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have read much of the feedback about the new Sonos app. The most frustrating parts of the new app that I have experience involves loss of previous Sonos playlists that I had saved in the old version of the app. I had over 50 different playlist that were labeled and were easily accessible for parties and get together, etc. Those were all wiped away when I have read much of the feedback about the new Sonos app. The most frustrating parts of the new app that I have experience involves loss of previous Sonos playlists that I had saved in the old version of the app. I had over 50 different playlist that were labeled and were easily accessible for parties and get together, etc. Those were all wiped away when the new app came in and only two partial playlist could be brought up. overall, the app is very difficult to use. It is not user-friendly. Finding the speakers you wish to control and add is glitchy and difficult. I really wish they would have simply gone back to the old app. I know that they’re trying to implement new features, but I am now using my phone apps and amplifying music directly from the apps using my AirPlay feature. Please please please make it user-friendly, bring back all of the original playlists that we had on the original Sonos app and listen to all of the Sonos customers out there. I have been a faithful customer since the beginning, when Sonos was quite innovative and frankly surpassed Bose as the Preeminent home speaker system by seamlessly, allowing the user to integrate music apps and quality playback through use of your phone. Please do your best to turn this around. 

2 replies

Unless you factory reset all of your Sonos devices, your playlists are fine.  They aren’t stored in the app, they are stored on the Sonos hardware.  The app just isn’t seeing them for some reason which may or may not be a bug or a network issue.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

And only three more short months until edit them again…

But jgatie is right, I have been able to edit playlists on my system with the old version of the app that aren't always visible in the new version of the app.