Feature Request: Simultaneous wifi and bluetooth

• 12 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I don’t see this being possible in current products. I assume it would require being implemented in future product releases if implemented.

Essentially, it would be nice to support bluetooth and wifi connectivity simultaneously. My reasoning is mainly for linking multiple sonos together. I have a record player with bluetooth capabilities. I have it linked to my Sonos Move via Bluetooth (I’m not here to discuss quality… this is just a convenient way to listen sometimes). Although it’s connected via bluetooth, I’m still at home where wifi is available. It would be convenient and really cool if I could share this bluetooth connection with other sonos speakers, so I can play my bluetooth source with the rest of the house. The hardware is already there, it just needs the software capability to support such a thing. I could see this having many uses in general, at the least for having a stereo pair of sonos speakers for listening to bluetooth entertainment sources.

8 replies

Already exists:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/share-roam-s-bluetooth-audio-with-your-sonos-system

Before I created this post, I did some generic searches for similar posts. I must have been off in my keyword searches.

This post appears to show the feature already exists… Perhaps it’s just not as well documented as I was expecting.

Seems I had trouble finding this article when I made my post. Thank you

The search function is notoriously fickle on this forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@lattedah

If you are thinking of an Upgrade to Sonos Move 2, that also would have the „bt line in“ function like Sonos Roam has got. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you use an outside search engine but add the site tag below you’ll likely get better results than the forum’s search.

site:en.community.sonos.com/

Badge

No, It could offer convenient multi-room audio setups for various sources, including Bluetooth-enabled devices like record players

As indicated, the two newer Sonos devices, the Sonos Roam and the Sonos Move 2 support this. Older devices, with older/different chips in them don’t.