connection issues with new fibre broadband

• 19 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Can any one please help with connectivity issues,

I’ve recently changed to Jurassic Fibre and i now have issues on a daily basis with my play 5 Sonos 1 and move ,  every morning I have to unplug all 3 and reconnect , this can sometimes take an hour or more as it can’t find my system , I also get the following notification pop up ……….

Some Sonos products are using the WiFi from a range extender device. If you include one of these in a room group, you won't be able to play music in that group.

To ensure playback in all grouped rooms, you'll need to permanently wire a Sonos product to your router. …………….

It’s very random aswell , it worked this morning , but this afternoon my move is not playing even though it shows as playing on my app . 

Do I need to factory reset ? If so I’m guessing I’ll lose all my music / play lists ? 

Any advice would be much appreciated 

6 replies

As you can perhaps see here from the Sonos System requirements (link below), wireless range extenders are not supported by Sonos - you are perhaps best to blacklist your Sonos products from using it and just use the main router only. I would do the same with the controller device too,

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-system-requirements

Hope that resolves the issue for you.

Many thanks Ken

The strange thing is I don’t have a wireless range extender , this message just seems to pop up randomly since our new router / fibre was installed 

Something else I’ve just noticed is a guest WiFi in the network settings , not sure if this could be the problem but I deleted it and my move came back on , all very confusing .

Thanks for your reply 

Many thanks Ken

The strange thing is I don’t have a wireless range extender , this message just seems to pop up randomly since our new router / fibre was installed 

Something else I’ve just noticed is a guest WiFi in the network settings , not sure if this could be the problem but I deleted it and my move came back on , all very confusing .

Thanks for your reply 

Yes, I would leave the ‘guest’ WiFi disabled for now and just see if the issue perhaps goes away - if not, then post back.

Many thanks Ken

ill be back on in the morning if it’s dropped again 

Userlevel 7

Hi

Reviews I’ve read about Jurassic Fibre aren't very good. Accordingly the equipment provided is locked out by ISP and Guest Network is active by default. If the latter is true that can be problematic for Sonos.

Also, there are at least 3 levels of service of which the lowest level doesn’t appear to be very robust. Sonos can be very chatty on a network and what cones in over the fiber doesn’t necessarily translate over WiFi.

Best recommendation would be to go mid-tier, use personal router and place Jurassic Fibre box in bridge mode.

Many thanks for the advice , I’ll look deeper into this if issues continue .