change volume slider ios app

• 26 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies

Hi,

since volume could not be change with physical bouton on iPhone with iOS, it would be great to add logical bouton (-) (+) to action volume step by step. Slider is very sensitive when volume is low and could be hard to set.

any tips with that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There have been many previous posts in this forum that suggest tapping on either side, right next to the slider bar, will alter the volume by a single step, rather than having to hold down and moving the slider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you tried tapping the slider instead of sliding it? Tapping the slider on the right side of the screen wil put the volume up in steps of 1, tapping it on the left will turn the volume down.

edit: sometimes @Airgetlam will type faster…..

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s the point folks and I was not able to explane situation when volume is already low.

to be honest, unable to tap when volume is 10.

It’s perhaps simple (more accurate), but sometimes a little time-consuming, to tap the Sonos slider control to move the volume-level up/down in 1% increments on an iPad, as seen in the attached animation, which I see works exactly the same on the iPhone too, but I just wish I didn’t have "sausage fingers". It’s certainly why I prefer the iPad’s much bigger screen.

Personally though, I find it just as easy to grab and drag the slider control to the desired volume level.

The Sonos App is not much different to other iOS Apps ‘on-screen’ volume controls. It’s a shame though that Apple now only allow the use of their device hardware volume buttons with Apps that are music players, which play the audio ‘through’ their mobile devices, but disallow these things for ‘remote’ control only Apps, like the Sonos App, which does not play the audio through the iOS device, but sets up playback direct from source to the chosen speaker(s).

That’s the point folks and I was not able to explane situation when volume is already low.

to be honest, unable to tap when volume is 10.

Slide it all the way to the left, then tap on the right.