Answered

Am I allowed to give away discounted purchases.

• 11 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I am looking to purchase additional SONOS equipment using the online 15% discount.

Once received I'm planning on giving the items to a family member. Is this allowed for under the T&C's of the upgrade policy. I couldn't find an answer when I skimmed through the on-line T&C's.

Regards

Danny

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 May 2023, 04:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Of course. You purchased the item. You can do whatever you want with it.

Yes, I agree, but I just wanted to check to ensure that I wouldn’t be breaching a specific requirement of the upgrade program.

Userlevel 7

Yes, I agree, but I just wanted to check to ensure that I wouldn’t be breaching a specific requirement of the upgrade program.

There is no requirement that prohibits you from giving the purchased speaker to a family member.

A given speaker can only be used once to earn a discount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have given several Sonos as gifts, once they arrive here I do not add them to my system but set them up on the recipient’s e-mail and network.

You could add them to your system and then do the transfer ownership process but that seems to be extra work to me.

As a side note since the Sonos warranty is only 12 months I usually pick up an extended warranty for gifts, just to avoid the dreaded “died just out of warranty” situation. Many are available, Square Trade is my usual but Amazon also has some good offerings.

With either you set the value of the device to see the plan price.

https://www.squaretrade.com/all-plans-protection/

https://www.amazon.com/ASURION-Electronics-Protection-Support-350-399-99/dp/B07PBYLYDK/ref=sr_1_3

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I used a 15% discount to buy my daughter and son in law a Move speaker last Christmas 😊

To all that have responded, many thanks. It seems unanimous that it is cosher to use the 15% upgrade discount to purchase, and give away, equipment purchased under the plan.

I will call this thread closed.

Many thanks

Danny

As part of a 15% discount, I bought a Move speaker for my daughter and son-in-law on Christmas last year for them to enjoy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos now offers extended warranties on some devices, see this topic: