14.19.1 update low volume issue…..

• 25 November 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Reason why I’m not going to update 14.19.1…have read a few posts on this. Low volume seems to be a repeat issue..again. Example…

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

What’s perhaps odd, is my local IOS App Store in the U.K. still only shows the 14.19 update, made available here a week ago and one of the comments I noted said this…

If I check for updates, I just get ‘no update required’

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What’s perhaps odd, is my local IOS App Store in the U.K. still only shows the 14.19 update, made available here a week ago and one of the comments I noted said this…

From what I’m reading everywhere is 14.19.1 … 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

And to add.. I’m seeing raised volume and lowers volume as a result of this update.. definitely don’t want a lowered volume. Would be great if a Sonos mod were to chime in on this. 

I’m the same as @Ken_Griffiths , I don’t see any 14.19.1 out on the iOS store. Is it perhaps only a controller for Android? PC? Mac? Is there a corresponding update to any particular speakers that I may not have, or is it merely just a controller update?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I’m the same as @Ken_Griffiths , I don’t see any 14.19.1 out on the iOS store. Is it perhaps only a controller for Android? PC? Mac? Is there a corresponding update to any particular speakers that I may not have, or is it merely just a controller update?

Join Sonos users group on fb.. you’ll see all the posts and issues on 14.19.1

You’ve answered none of my questions. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’m the same as @Ken_Griffiths , I don’t see any 14.19.1 out on the iOS store. Is it perhaps only a controller for Android? PC? Mac? Is there a corresponding update to any particular speakers that I may not have, or is it merely just a controller update?

The update is only firmware for the speakers, not the app in the app store. Go to sonos app itself and push manually to look for firmware update.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

And to add.. I’m seeing raised volume and lowers volume as a result of this update.. definitely don’t want a lowered volume. Would be great if a Sonos mod were to chime in on this. 

From my personal experience when watching tv channel with mpeg audio and being showed in the app as PCM, the overall volume of the arc is super quiet. Thats why i configured my sony tv to always output dolby digital (for mpeg channels it shows DD 2.0 in the app) and the volume is at the same level as when it receives DD5.1 or Atmos. 

Updated my Beam 2 and Sub Mini, 0 issues so far. Everything sounds good and as loud as before (14.19)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You’ve answered none of my questions. 

Well.. as of now, I haven’t done the update and don’t know what to tell you. I’m reading the posts and getting the info as you can also. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Badge +1

Razón por la que no voy a actualizar 14.19.1... He leído algunas publicaciones sobre esto. El bajo volumen parece ser un problema repetido. otra vez. Ejemplo...

Razón por la que no voy a actualizar 14.19.1... He leído algunas publicaciones sobre esto. El bajo volumen parece ser un problema repetido. otra vez. Ejemplo...

In my case too, I have a Beam gen1 and since I updated to 14.19 the sound changed drastically, my beam sounds quite low now I have to increase the volume to 80-90 while before 40-50 was enough. The voices are heard quite low

When I saw a new update (14.19.1) I updated with the hope that the sound would improve with the previous 14.19 and it was the opposite, the sound did not improve at all, Sonos should implement a way in which users could return to a older firmware version in my case 14.18 which for me was the best sound profile

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Not at all for me... same volume level.

I‘m facing an issue with low level of Sub (Gen 3) connected to a pair of Play:5 (Gen 2). 
Used to have Sub level set to -6, but since updating to 14.19.1 need to set level almost to +6 to hear sub playing sound at all. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I‘m facing an issue with low level of Sub (Gen 3) connected to a pair of Play:5 (Gen 2). 
Used to have Sub level set to -6, but since updating to 14.19.1 need to set level almost to +6 to hear sub playing sound at all. 

Have you tried redoing trueplay again? I just installed another Arc, Sub, and One SL’s for a different room and was not impressed. Then did trueplay and totally changed it. Now it sounds good.