• 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

So S2 is all white again! 

where did Dark mode go

icon

Best answer by ratty 8 June 2020, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

where did Dark mode go

It never came.

Userlevel 1

Looks like grey mode :joy: !

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

So S2 is all white again! 

where did Dark mode go

Seriously, still no dark mode in S2, sad.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I agree I wish it had dark mode too - definitely seems brighter than the old app (and also darker than the Mac desktop app).

Really!  If I’d known it was so bright, I would have delayed upgrading until it was available.  

I want to add my 2c to the requests for Dark Mode support - particularly in iOS devices.

Why has it not happened yet?

You are effectively locking out partially-sighted users by not supporting / activating a Dark Mode and it’s increasingly frustrating for those of us with visual impairments to use Apps like this - particularly as Sonos can’t, or won’t provide fully-supported alternative means of control to their speakers (eg, remotes).   

My only hope is that Apple will mandate that all App developers are required to fully support dark mode in the future, but it does seem that requests for Dark mode in the Sonos S2 App are falling largely on deaf ears (as ironic as that sounds).