Question

Trueplay support on iPad Air 4 + other recent devices

• 28 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I got the new iPad Air 4 and was dismayed to learn that Trueplay is not supported on it yet. Additionally, the web site makes no mention of it being planned for future support: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US

Very disappointed to see this. The fact that owners of Sonos products are unable to get the best possible audio quality without an Apple device is already pretty bad, but the large backlog of older devices still not supported and complete lack of mention of new devices is not acceptable.

Can someone from Sonos please reply and assure us that this device support is coming promptly? I would appreciate an ETA.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @exsiccation.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We highly appreciate your feedback and sorry to know about the experience.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this can come to Sonos, or when it might, I'll make sure to pass this along with the team. Should this be introduced, we will announce it, but that is all the information we have available until such time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Thanks for the non-answer.

What do you mean you don't know?

I literally bought a iPad air 4 for true play!

It is iPadOS 13 or higher. So it has to be supported.

So this means you dont support trueplay in the future?

So I have to buy a old apple phone to set up my new sonos??

​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Support for Trueplay is not dependent on iOS, but on information about the microphone on the specific version of the device and a translation to Trueplay settings. Any new Apple device needs to be checked by Sonos first. I agree for some iPhones this seems to be taking longer then expected (iPhone SE 2020). But since we do not know what difficulties Sonos has with the newer devices, we do not know if they are not prioritizing this.