Request: List Of All Tracks By The Searched Artist - Google Play Music

• 31 August 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
When I search for an artist on Google Play and then go into the "My Library" section it only shows the albums.  There is no option for showing all the tracks by the artist in the library.  This is particularly frustrating when searching for an artist that appears on 1 or more multi-artist compilations. When you go into each compilation album it shows all of the tracks on the album (by other artists as well) and it is very difficult to find the track by the searched artist on the multi-artist compilation.  Please add an "All" option that shows all of the tracks.  The functionality should be the same as searching for an artist in the local (indexed) library.  Currently I can't easily search for an artist on Google Play and add all of the tracks by that artist that are in my library.  This should only take a few clicks.

Please add the Google Play "Auto Playlists" as well.  There is currently no way of playing the "Thumbs Up" playlist which is very frustrating.  I can only do this by going into the Google Play app and casting to Sonos.

Another problem... I'd like to shuffle my entire Google Play library but exclude just the tracks with the genre "Christmas".  There doesn't seem to be an easy way of doing this.  Google Play needs a smart playlist feature like iTunes so that large playlists can be created excluding tracks with certain criteria.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I would like to add my support for a 'Play All Tracks' option for artists in My Music. It is very annoying to have to manually add each album to the queue.
Indeed! Not only play/shuffle all tracks of an artist but also of a genre, just like the Google Play Music app itself has. Or simply make it possible to cast music from the Google Play Music iPhone/iOS app direct, just like the Android app.
Perhaps not the search and one click way you are seeking, but in the Windows desktop controller one can scroll to a Contributing Artist, then Right click to "Play Now". Press the first letter of the name to accelerate the scroll. This works for Genres too.

Be sure to enable the display of Contributing Artists in the Group Albums using in the Advanced Music Library Settings.

There are similar capabilities in the other controllers.

Note that this setup is done on a controller by controller basis.
Thanks, but I don't really see how this answer addresses my question. I was talking about my iPhone Controller and I'd like to be able to play/shuffle all tracks from an artist or genre, just like within the Google PlayMusic app itself, so I either need this feature in the Sono Controller app for iPhone or I need the ability to steer my Sonos speakers from the Google Play app direct, which is actually possible with an Android phone.
Userlevel 1
Badge
This is an outstanding issue. I've called in to suggest they fix this issue several times, and have had no luck. It's so aggravating to not be able to work with my Google Music library in Sonos, I rarely use my Sonos speaker anymore.
Believe it or not but I switched to an Android phone and this was one of the reasons.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I believe it. I use Google Home now for my main speaker. Sonos has now becoming my garage speaker.