Newly redesigned Sonos App

• 23 October 2017
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi,
I just wanted to provide some feedback about the new app.
Honestly, I really do not like it. I find it confusing, and non-intuitive. The old app was by far easier to use. I specifically don't like the Songs Favorites, or lack of it. When I go to "my sonos", it only shows me some random favorites. Not all my favorites. I don't see any way to control this. When I click edit, it tells me to drag my stations in the order I want, but it doesn't show me any stations. Just very unclear and doesn't seem to work right.

Also, the way that the room selection at the bottom in red shows, is not clear. I used to be able to select the room(s) in a much easier way.

Lastly, there should be an option for Alexa NOT to mute Sonos for every Alexa request.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Use the new tab bar to get quickly to all the key functions. Swipe down the Now Playing screen to reveal it.

Do you have any favourite stations? My Radio Stations is where it always has been, in Radio by TuneIn. To put a station into My Sonos, tap the three dots for the station and Add to My Sonos.

To see all the favourites in a category try tapping See All.

The quick grouping facility is a new, extra feature. The main room selection screen is accessed - surprise surprise - by touching the Rooms button on the tab bar. This screen IS the old one that you prefer.

Just get used to it. It's easy to use
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Sorry but you didn’t really address what I wrote.
When you go to my sonos it has a few of my sonos favorites. And then I can click view all.
First of all I don’t want that preview of only a few of my favorites. I don’t need or want what is essentially a favorites within a favorites. Especially one which I cannot control what’s in it.
It is not a favourites within favourites. Favourite stations has always been different from my radio stations. Favourites are now categorised not jumbled together. The first eight alphabetically are immediately visible.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
That’s my point. I don’t need the first 8. Especially since I can’t control which ones are the first 8.
Wrong. Pick the eight you want. Edit the name in My Sonos to put an asterisk (say) in front of their names. This only changes the name in My Sonos. In the old app all favourites were jumbled together in an alphabetical list with zero customisation possible.
But what the heck. I have tried tio help. Do as you wish
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Well I only have about 20 favorites. Only takes a second to find what I want. Thanks for trying, but I just think the new design is very non user friendly. Putting an asterisk works, but that just seems like a hack.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
The asterisk worked, but the whole concept of the page isn’t good. The bottom half of the page is blank. The icons are huge, so I only see two stations at a time. Show me the full list, so I can see them all.
Badge
I have a number of friends w Sonos (I actually recommended them to Sonos a few years ago)....the latest update is simply not good....i haven’t met anyone who says they like it. What was so wrong with the last version that it had to be radically changed? Disappointed to say the least.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I have a number of friends w Sonos (I actually recommended them to Sonos a few years ago)....the latest update is simply not good....i haven’t met anyone who says they like it. What was so wrong with the last version that it had to be radically changed? Disappointed to say the least.

Exactly, everyone I speak with that has sonos doesn’t like it.
The old version was great. Easy to use, etc. why mess with it. Change for the sake of change is just dumb.
The new app absolutely sucks, compared to the previous one. It’s simply taking too long to change from room to room and it is much less intuitive than the previous version. I have the old sonos 1 speakers
Btw, does anyone know if there is a way to downgrade the app to the previous version and enjoy my music again?