Answered

iOS 14.2 Notification S2 controller gone after S2 12.2.1 update

• 13 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Up until i updated the S2 app to 12.2.1 I would see the Sonos audio controls in the pull-down notification curatain as well as on my lock screen. Now it’s not visible in either. I noticed upon going into the Notifications menu that the Sonos app isn’t even listed. I’m running iOS 14.2 on an iPhone 12 Pro.

Music controls work well within the app itself. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it but no joy. Anyone else experience this? I just went through something similar with my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren and that was never resolved. I hope that’s not the case here because I’m just starting to get used to iOS again.

icon

Best answer by lindros99 18 November 2020, 00:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I found this https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3381?language=en_US which helps. But I think there are other conditions not listed that prevent lock screen controls from working. If I figure it out I’ll post here. The lock screen controls did appear this morning for the first time in several days so that was good.

Userlevel 1

That article does NOT help

Userlevel 1

FIXED (for me) - after reinstalling the app (multiple times), this is what I did (see screenshot for settings).

1. iPhone (or iPad) Settings > Sonos (you have to scroll all the way down)
  2. Location > set to Never, then back to “While using the App” (no idea what this does for my sonos). ALSO I disabled “Precise Location” - it’s a music system in my house, not an avalanche rescue system (link)
  3. Disable EVERYTHING (turned everything off) - again, no clue what the hell “Cellular Data” does - for my sonos - when I can’t control it over the internet / not home
  4. Disable all Siri options - except “Show App in Search”
  5. Go into Sonos app - with Local Network DISABLED. 
  6. Sonos barfs trying to find your system - good. > see middle screenshot
  7. (no the next step isn’t a joke like “purchase a HomePod”)
  8. Back to Settings > Sonos
  9. Turn “Local Network” back on
  10. Back into Sonos app > SUCCESS … controlled my AirPlay2 device FIRST (Play:5/Sonos 5)

Now 1) hardware buttons work - without delay, 2) lock screen shows Sonos, and 3) Control Center shows Sonos INSTEAD of “Not Playing” or local content (which would disable hardware controls/lock screen anyhow).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

These steps worked for me too, thank you!

Badge +1

Crazy! I have to to deactivate „Local Network“ everytime I start the Sonos S2 App. For me this is not an acceptable workaround.

Does this work for you as it should?

Big thanks! Regards Hoppel