Answered

HomeKit Support

• 3 February 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Will there be any chance, that Sonos will support Apple HomeKit in the future?
icon

Best answer by andreflyvholm 21 July 2018, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Sonos does not pre-announce much, but the new CEO has stated his wish to make Sonos work with Google and Apple, as well as the already announced Amazon Alexa integration. That's all you are going to get until a formal announcement that may or may not be coming.
Userlevel 1
Okay - thank you!
I am worried Sonos is going to screw things up. It bothers me that they want to chase Amazon with Alexia. Alexia to me is a gimmick.

Sonos is about quality audio first and foremost and I still think they have work to do in this area. I would like to see Homekit integration. I think other smart home features make sense, like the ability to use as a home intercom system. I known the new play5 has a mic but I hope other do as well. An updated sound bar would be great with HDMI for ARC support would be a nice addition. An audio in on the sound bar also please.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Have recently moved into automation for lights and thermostats. Very keen to automate music into Homekit as well.
Userlevel 2
Badge
My dream will come through when Sonos support Homekit. I think a new bridge could be enough to do the trick. I just wish to open my door and have the music start automatically. 😉
My dream will come through when Sonos support Homekit. I think a new bridge could be enough to do the trick. I just wish to open my door and have the music start automatically. ;)

THIS. This shouldn't be a dream, this is a current reality if you have coding skills and know how to play with raspberry PI. But regular users like me shouldn't have to worry about doing all that tooling.

Homekit recently opened up it's doors by not requiring the infamous MFI chip. Sonos, your move. Homekit support should be fairly easy at this point. Any update?
Homekit support was added today but the instructions to add are not clear

There is already some written on the support page under “Airplay 2”:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US

It clarifies the difficulties of adding Sonos’ newest products to Apple HomeKit.
My specific inquiry was regarding Homekit. Not airplay.
If you read the section under ‘Siri’, it is stated you have to add your speakers in the app Home.

See attached image.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Could we just have a "resume" option for the Sonos Homekit?
It would be great to add automation "When Door Lock unlocks -> Resume Sonos Living Room"