Question

Hate the new update

• 17 September 2016
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
I cannot stand the new update!! The function to automatically play the whole album is stupid.

What's worse is it overwrites the queue that was already there!!! So unless you save your queues every time you add a song you risk losing music!! My memory isn't the best, I add a song I like, accidently wipe the queue and can't remember the song!!!

I know you can add individual songs by holding down but it's easy to fuck up!!!!

It's a stupid update, I would prefer it to revert to the old system, change for the sake of it is pointless!!!

A solution would be to have a history of every song played in reverse order somewhere!! Is that not possible????

Rant over!!!!

Peace

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Odwaan you could join your voice to any of the MANY threads where ppl express disappointment with this update. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone. Hopefully there is consideration being given to rolling back some of this.
Odwaan - Lets hope Sonos see sense on this ridiculous update. The number of threads on this is growing by the day and Sonos remain quiet on the subject so who knows what they are thinking. One theory is that the changes have been implemented to drive sales but at this rate the second hand market will be flooded with devices from pissed off long term users which will drive down revenue for Sonos even further as they will be purchased from eBay rather than stores.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
There's a poll now to maybe collate votes in one thread.
Badge
All my playlists a now gone too. Years of work.
Badge
Wont make a difference now though. Save your playlists in Spotify or whatever. Just not Sonos.
Badge
I wonder if homepod is better?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Three consecutive replies to a year old thread. What's your purpose here Clv, just venting?

Asking rhetorical questions about an unreleased product that won't even support Spotify seems to imply that.
Badge
Oooooer am i not in the rightt thread? Please direct me to the one where the new uodate is under fire, please.
Badge
Massive aplogies. I blame google.
Badge
And poor vision
We might as well keep this thread going because Sonos will not be fixing the latest version so no point in the new thread. We will just have to learn to live with it. Roll on v9.0!!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
:D:D:D