Question

Streaming and app quality

• 30 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Could anyone either convince me to stay with Sonos or recommend a less problematic streaming platform. I have constant issues with Sonos, including things working fine one day, and then roadblocks left and right the next.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wagoner doc, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue, let me help you out with this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Are you experiencing audio dropouts, playback issues in the Sonos app? 
2. Do you experience the same issue with all your music services? Are you getting any error message or error code?
3. Is playing directly from the music service app give you the same problem?
4. Have you tried removing and re-adding the music service in the Sonos app? Any improvements?
5. Do you have any speaker wired to your router?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Sonos does multi room in sync better than anyone else, but does need the occassional interventions to keep it going.

If your Sonos investment is not high and you do not need multiroom, there are now solutions that are cheaper and in my experience, do not need as much intervention.

Rowena and Kumar:

Thanks for your responses. I might go to multi-room, so let’s try to troubleshoot.

Right now, I asm unable to connect at all to my existing Sonos system. This is a new problem. I did get a new router, but have made the transition to the new router and could find the system. This is an entirely new problem. I will address all of the other issues once I get connected again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you did see the speakers on the new router, I would try the following: power off all Sonos devices and the router. Restart the router. When it is fully restarted and wifi is up and running, restart your speakers one at a time. Let each fully start before powering up the next. If this gets you up and running, I’d recommend giving the speakers fixed ip addresses.