Sonos Radio scrobbles duplicates and triplicates

• 30 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have Last.fm connected to my Sonos system. When I play anything from Sonos Radio I’ll get anywhere from 1 - 3 scrobbles per track. Comparatively if I use the Sonos app to playback content from Apple Music or Plex I do not get any doubles or triples. Any reason why only Sonos Radio would randomly scrobble 2 - 3 times?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There’s someone else that has mentioned this on a Dutch language forum: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/75806652#75806652

Badge

I am that Dutch person :)

So I started experiencing similar issues around 2-3 months ago.
Before that Sonos Radio never had issues, other services and local media also play nice :)

Support says Sonos Radio shouldn't be officially supported for Last.fm scrobbling, but I hope this gets on their radar, as Sonos Radio turned out to be one of my favourite services :)

Example, these are plays from 1 listening session on Sonos Radio (A GoGo):

Badge

I spoke directly with Sonos support. They filed a bug on my behalf. They have a link to this post so the developers can reference it later.

Badge

I spoke directly with Sonos support. They filed a bug on my behalf. They have a link to this post so the developers can reference it later.

Awesome, thanks for your effort. Hopefully it will be resolved, as I noticed that this bug made me use the Sonos Radio a lot less, while it is such a great service!

Badge

@denleschae Have you heard anything in the meantime?
This weekend still had double or triple scobbles...

Badge

@CanisLupusNL No word from Sonos yet. I too still get duplicates and triplicates from Sonos Radio. Still waiting on a fix.

Badge

Thanks for the update, hopefully there will be a fix soon.
Sonos Radio is such a great music service, a pity that I now avoid to use it because of having to remove all the double scrobbles...