Skip to main content

Approximately once a day, the app prompts me to sign in.
With the old apps/controllers, I stayed signed in for 15 years... Am I missing something?

Same here - it’s becoming boring having to sign into the app everyday on both my iPhone and iPad 😤

Hi @Kos & @Pistonhead 

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of this issue you are both having with needing to repeatedly sign in to the Sonos app - it does sound annoying!

As far as I am aware, we are not currently tracking any such issue - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team in order to document this issue.

However, it’s possible that resetting your apps might help - I recommend trying this before calling in, though it will require one more sign-in! Please open the Sonos app and go to User icon (top right) » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset. Open the app afterwards, opt to connect to an existing system, then sign in with the account to which your speakers are registered. Please repeat this step for all controllers affected.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P Thanks - I’ve just reset the app on both, will see if it resolves the problem. 

I’m experiencing the same annoying issue. It appeared after the most recent update. 

Probably the same suggestion, I’d assume, from Sonos. 

Same issue here every single day need to sign in and i just recently downloaded app as i bought two sonos five

Me too. Every 2nd or third day since 80.09.08

What did Sonos Support say, when you called them directly to discuss it? I can’t think of any reason why you should have to ‘sign in’ every day. It isn’t something I ever need to deal with, and I also use my system daily. 

God! Why should we call. Hate the way this company that I used to love have come to this. Many people have the exact same sign-in problem - fix it. Is is clearly not a local problem. 

Since I reset the app on both my iPhone and iPad yesterday I’ve not been prompted to login. Too early to say it’s fixed the problem, but so far a definite improvement. 

Okay so i did reset on the app as ot said trough settings now seems everything works fine no need to log in 

I am having the same problem: I am being prompted to sign in EVERY day. This has never previously happened in all my years of Sonos usage. I tried resetting the app as suggested by Corry P, but this has not resolved the problem.

Then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the Support staff, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Some of this post is speculative, so take it or leave it. It is intended to help find a resolution. 

1. I suspect that this problem is affecting a very very tiny percentage of users.  I have seen what a problem affecting a very small subset of users looks like on this forum.  There are hundreds of posts. 

2. But for those affected it's a 100% problem and very frustrating. 

3. Sonos should ask for a sign-in when it isn't sure it can trust the user.  This should only happen  if the device has never been̈ signed in before, or not for a long time Or if the app has been reset, or deleted and reinstalled. 

4, So I suspect that there is some sort of faulty interaction between the app and the device. The "trust markers" are being lost or blocked or not recognised 

5. Exact details probably vary between cases. This makes it incredibly difficult to diagnose the problem. 

6. It's not really an̈yone's fault. 

7 The following link may help. Or it may not. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+does+my+phone+not+stay+as+a+trusted+device&oq=why+does+my+phone+not+stay+as+a++tru&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgBECEYoAEyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigAdIBCTk4OTExajBqN6gCFLACAQ&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&chrome_dse_attribution=1

+1. 

I did notice that if I close the app, wait 10 seconds and then relaunch it, most times I will NOT be prompted to login. So it looks like there is a timing or race condition aspect to this problem.

+1. 

I did notice that if I close the app, wait 10 seconds and then relaunch it, most times I will NOT be prompted to login. So it looks like there is a timing or race condition aspect to this problem.

Maybe general latency on the network or on the controller device is a contributory factor on some cases.  Maybe the Sonos system isn’t receiving soon enough the information it needs to allow the app to sign in.  I regret to say that the first thing to try would be to turn everything off and back on again.

It may be worth my pointing out that just playing music does not require sign-in,  Sign-in is there to prevent unauthorised changes to the system settings.

This is definitely a bug. Im having the same problem since a few days.

Hi.  Just want to add my name to this.  It’s a thing that keeps happening.  And didn’t used to.  
erik

Now I’m getting this!  Sonos….. We were getting along so well.  Why are you trying to alienate me

That looks like a hack! Sonos doesn’t want to eroniously share information about you. Read Sonos privacy policy at the link 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/legal/privacy#legal-privacy-2024-share-info-container

Furthermore I’m not experiencing any such issue.

FWIW I am also getting this issue. It is possible it depends on the location of the servers you are attempting to authenticating to.

As suggested, I will reset the app and see if this fixes the issue.

Ross.

FWIW I am also getting this issue. 

Which issue please?  The issue that this topic is about or the one posted by @MoPac ?

FWIW I am also getting this issue. 

Which issue please?  The issue that this topic is about or the one posted by @MoPac ?

I am getting the repeated requests to sign-in. I have now reset the app and will see if that makes any difference over the next few days.

Ross.

Hi @MoPac 

Now I’m getting this!  Sonos….. We were getting along so well.  Why are you trying to alienate me

That looks like a hack! Sonos doesn’t want to eroniously share information about you. Read Sonos privacy policy at the link 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/legal/privacy#legal-privacy-2024-share-info-container

Furthermore I’m not experiencing any such issue.

That’s nothing to worry about - we now use a web page to sign into the Sonos app, and your phone is just letting you know that that is what is about to happen. As the domain mentioned is sonos.com, it’s not a problem.

If using Android, you won’t see that message.

I hope this helps.

Hi all

I’m going to see if I can gain some traction on this issue for you. If you have tried resetting the app and still are forced to log in to the Sonos app on a daily basis, please submit a support diagnostic after being asked to log in and let me know here when you have done so (but without sharing the number given). Thanks.