Answered

"no selections are available"

• 25 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Last night Sonos was working fine. I made no changes. When I woke up this morning, Sonos appeared unable to find my music files. If I browse my music by album, genre, or whatever, the UI says “no selections are available.” 

When I try to play a specific item from a playlist, I get an error saying that the file cannot be found. It lists a path to my NAS. It’s the correct path, and I am able to browse to that path from the File Explorer on Windows. The files is not missing. It really is there.

I tried:

1. Check for software updates. Result: an update was indeed available. I allowed it to install. No change to observed behavior.
  2. Rebooted the Sonos Connect device. Result: no change to observed behavior.
  3. Checked the Synology NAS where my music library lives to ensure that SMB 2/3 was still turned on. It was.

I have a Connect in one room and two Play:1’s in another. I run the controller both as a Windows desktop app and on two iOS devices. Same symptoms in both places. All the Sonos devices run S2.

I *am* able to play Spotify on this setup. That is working fine.

---------------------------------
Connect: 
Serial Number: **************
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 15.11 (build 76247270)
Hardware Version: 1.22.1.4-1.1
Series ID: D100
WM: 1
Play:1: (L)
Hardware Version: 1.20.1.6-1.2
Series ID: A200
Play:1: (R)
Hardware Version: 1.20.1.6-1.2
Series ID: A200

Moderator edit: removed serial numbers

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 December 2023, 18:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe try a reboot of the local router/NAS box and check its cable connection to the LAN. I’m using S2 v 15.11 and everything is working okay here with my NAS (SMB 2/3), but I’m using a different brand of NAS box. So it’s likely not related to the Sonos update you installed. Make sure there are no further updates available too, just in case.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Ken. I am able to browse to the media files from Windows Explorer, so the LAN connection appears to be OK. (I’ve added that detail to the description now.) And my controller does not see any further updates.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

And now it’s mysteriously working again. I ran “update music library”--could that have somehow fixed whatever the problem was?

And now it’s mysteriously working again. I ran “update music library”--could that have somehow fixed whatever the problem was?

I would perhaps blame Santa ha ha - probably just a glitch by the sound of things (one of life’s mysteries), but glad it’s working for you now. Happy Holidays.🎄