Skip to main content

New Ios App 80.02.04

New iOS and Adroid updates released.

Also firmware update.

ht @press250 

PSA #1: firmware update is v16.2 build 79153290, remains compatible with Android v16.1 app

PSA #2: Windows desktop app also updated today, works fine

PSA#3: Windows/Mac desktop apps remain on the old codebase, making them a superb diagnostic and debug tool. If you’re experiencing trouble with the new app, see if the problem exists in the Windows/Mac app. This may help isolate things and save you grief and frustration.

80.02.03 (Android)
80.02.02 (iOS)

Release date: 6/4/2024

In this update:

• Added support for the all new Sonos Ace headphones

• Added sleep timer settings

• Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”

• Improved Home Feed scrolling

• Improved setup reliability

• Added WiFi configuration for products with BLE

• Improved battery consumption for Bluetooth discovery

• Improved ability to update older firmware systems

• Further improved navigation for visually-impaired customers

• Added VoiceOver support to read toast message automatically on iOS

• Introduced mute button on iOS

• Improved local library connectivity

• Improved Trueplay setup on iOS

• Added distance settings for surrounds

• Added line-out settings for Sonos Port

App requirements

• Android 8.0 or later
  • iOS 16 or later
  • iPadOS 16 or later
  • Fire OS 7 and higher

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Oooohhh - goodies! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just got Android 80.02.05.

Scared me at first because it needed me to accept an agreement and then it searched for the system.

For me it still needs me to close the app and restart it to find my system each time I use it.

But they have made more progress that I expected on getting features back so they deserve credit for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I think it also needs a firmware update as there was no queue management that I could see. 

Currently updating the firmware….

If all those are actually implemented, it delivered more than they promised, and earlier than they promised on some.  Good on Sonos for making good on their screwup.  I’ll give credit (and blame) where due. 

I think it also needs a firmware update as there was no queue management that I could see. 

Currently updating the firmware….

I don’t have queue management either. Fully updated firmware, updated app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

EDIT: It’s there now. And fair play on the rest, if all of those HAVE actually been implemented. I do have surround distance now, so assuming the rest of the list works.

BUT!!!!! The speaker icon at the right hand end of the speaker slider has been removed!! I used that to increase volume as tapping the icon was more useful than sliding. I can now only slide, because the speaker icon on the left is now mute! Sliding is all very well - but where is the volume number that we’ve been asking for… (Sorry, I know that will be next-ish...)

Took two passes to activate the queue features - no need for firmware fiddling. 

Now, where's that holographic music video playback which I keep asking for? 

BUT!!!!! The speaker icon at the right hand end of the speaker slider has been removed!! I used that to increase volume as tapping the icon was more useful than sliding. I can now only slide, because the speaker icon on the left is now mute! Sliding is all very well - but where is the volume number that we’ve been asking for… 

We know we are really beta testing when they are changing UI components like this on the fly. It’s weird they had the speaker icon on the left since launch and then remove it here. Tapping on the volume slider still works to step volume up and down but 100% agree the little speakers were handy targets for this.

Righto... The queue management isn't interactive on a playing list.  It only operates when setting up a playlist. Useless for real-time DJ sets! 

Much inferior to similar features in other systems. 

Suppose it's better than nuttin'

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

BUT!!!!! The speaker icon at the right hand end of the speaker slider has been removed!! I used that to increase volume as tapping the icon was more useful than sliding. I can now only slide, because the speaker icon on the left is now mute! Sliding is all very well - but where is the volume number that we’ve been asking for… 

We know we are really beta testing when they are changing UI components like this on the fly. It’s weird they had the speaker icon on the left since launch and then remove it here. Tapping on the volume slider still works to step volume up and down but 100% agree the little speakers were handy targets for this.

Didn’t know I could tap the speaker line to go up and down. Thanks. (But have you tried tapping to lower the volume way down without accidentally tapping mute!) :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Righto... The queue management isn't interactive on a playing list.  It only operates when setting up a playlist. Useless for real-time DJ sets! 

Yes, no queue or Playlist editing/management quite yet it seems. Playing next or adding to the end of the queue is the best we can hope for at the moment. Maybe next time.

(I’m sure Sonos will deem us ungrateful but all we want it to get back to where we were!!)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

New iOS and Adroid updates released. The release notes from Sonos say 80.02.02, but the app store says its 80.02.04.

I’ve updated, so far so good, well the app opened ok so off to a good start. Anyone else gonna risk it?

Also firmware update.

80.02.03 (Android)
80.02.02 (iOS)

Release date: 6/4/2024

In this update:

• Added support for the all new Sonos Ace headphones

• Added sleep timer settings

• Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”

• Improved Home Feed scrolling

• Improved setup reliability

• Added WiFi configuration for products with BLE

• Improved battery consumption for Bluetooth discovery

• Improved ability to update older firmware systems

• Further improved navigation for visually-impaired customers

• Added VoiceOver support to read toast message automatically on iOS

• Introduced mute button on iOS

• Improved local library connectivity

• Improved Trueplay setup on iOS

• Added distance settings for surrounds

• Added line-out settings for Sonos Port

App requirements

• Android 8.0 or later
  • iOS 16 or later
  • iPadOS 16 or later
  • Fire OS 7 and higher

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

On my app it shows version 80.02.04

Yes, no queue or Playlist editing/management quite yet it seems. Playing next or adding to the end of the queue is the best we can hope for at the moment. Maybe next time.

(I’m sure Sonos will deem us ungrateful but all we want it to get back to where we were!!)

I can’t get adding to the end or play next. I have an album playing. If I tap the three dots on a song from a different album the options I get are “save to sonos favorites” “replace queue” and “Apple Music start station”. Are you able to play next or add to end?

If all those are actually implemented, it delivered more than they promised, and earlier than they promised on some.  Good on Sonos for making good on their screwup.  I’ll give credit (and blame) where due. 

The. Queue management is underwhelming in my book - doesn't work on a playing queue, only on the static playlist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I can’t get adding to the end or play next. I have an album playing. If I tap the three dots on a song from a different album the options I get are “save to sonos favorites” “replace queue” and “Apple Music start station”. Are you able to play next or add to end?

Yes, although I had to go to Home, then tapped Spotify to choose an album, and selected the three dots next to a song, which then brought up the Play Next and the Add to Queue options. These are now there on Apple Music too, but weren’t before I selected Spotify. 

Userlevel 3

Just installed this piece of crap 80.02.04 on IOS and now the application can’t even find my speakers!!! Tried to reboot, reset same s***. WTF seriously ?

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

How many of the threads will continue to receive ire from people not yet realising there is an update. Some people’s devices can take days to update!

I’ve a feeling “Update the app, that has been addressed” or “Try updating the app to the latest version to see if that helps” might be the most-typed phrases for the rest of the week. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Just installed this piece of crap 80.02.04 on IOS and now the application can’t even find my speakers!!! Tried to reboot, reset same shit. WTF seriously ?

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

That end word is a very offensive one to use. Certainly in the UK. 

Moderator edit: I concur, however: please don’t respond and get hooked into an argument - just Report the post and let us deal with it. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sleep Timer has an odd behaviour for me.

When I set it to 30 minutes I get an error message saying the sleep timer failed but it actually worked.

Firmware update took 5 attempts but has worked and all of my speakers are now on Version: 16.2 (build 79153290).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just installed this piece of crap 80.02.04 on IOS and now the application can’t even find my speakers!!! Tried to reboot, reset same shit. WTF seriously ? You only hire retarded? 

Offensive and unnecessary. 

Yes, although I had to go to Home, then tapped Spotify to choose an album, and selected the three dots next to a song, which then brought up the Play Next and the Add to Queue options. These are now there on Apple Music too, but weren’t before I selected Spotify. 

Thanks for confirming. I’m not seeing these options for tracks in Apple music or local library. Will wait and see if these just start working. I read a post on reddit where someone said they closed the app then 25 minutes later queue stuff worked  😂

Just installed this piece of crap 80.02.04 on IOS and now the application can’t even find my speakers!!! Tried to reboot, reset same shit. WTF seriously ? You only hire retarded? 

Offensive and unnecessary. 

Yup I reported it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Add to the end of queue and play next both work for me.

Navigating the active playlist in the App is still really slow.

Add to the end of queue and play next both work for me.

Navigating the active playlist in the App is still really slow.

I’m cursed 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think it is fair to say that the developers have worked hard to fix the CEO and Senior Managements' mess.

In my opinion the developers deserve our praise for this but the CEO and Senior Management still need to be reminded that they could have avoided all of this if they just did their jobs properly.