Skip to main content
Answered

Can't add sub with new app

Hello, after updating to the new crazy broken, worse and I couldn't even imagine this new nightmare update with constant bugs app, can't add my sonos sub. 

The sonos sub can't no longer added to the new app. 

I tried to change the ownership that doesn't work.

I tried to uninstall install again the app close and open like to communicate guiding me what should I do unfortunately this isn't helping either.

Every experience now with sonos is a nightmare.

Anyone know how to deal with those new bugs ?

16 replies

Similar problem already posted. I have a sub connected to one room, with the new app I cannot disconnect it or connect to another room.

Clearly an app issue, during my last lucky day (iOs version already had updated, while Android was still useable), it worked with the old app. Now both versions have upgraded,  I cannot swap my sub between systems, and Sonos support people not reachable, probably too busy writing mails how great the app is.

Same problem here, been at it for 2,5 hours now, TRIED EVERYTHING, Sonos app just bugs out & quits. SONOS PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Same problem. Just tried setting up my sub with a Sonos 3 in the living room and it just says “There was a problem adding your sub”. 

I am also on the same boat. The sub is now unusable seemingly because of the new app. 

why did they do this?

I am also on the same boat. The sub is now unusable seemingly because of the new app. 

why did they do this?

A few days ago it got fixed for my app. But only for wireless connection. Cabled its still not working. Maybe try  update your sonos system in the app.

why did they do this?

A few days ago it got fixed for my app. Maybe try  update your sonos system in the app...

Ok thanks. I’ll give that a try. 

why did they do this?

A few days ago it got fixed for my app. Maybe try  update your sonos system in the app...

Only wireless, with cable still nothing...

why did they do this?

Ya, it doesn’t work. Looks like I have a brick. 

at what point should Sonos buy back these things? 

why did they do this?

F*cking €800 for a side table.... Patience is the only option I think...

why did they do this?

Maybe reset it again...

why did they do this?

Maybe reset it again...

Pull the power cable out, wait 10 seconds and put it back in while pushing and holding the button, when light starts blinking orange/white it's reset.

I managed to get it working. It doesn’t work by clicking Connect Sub. I did this I think:

1. reset the sub

1. in system settings press Add speaker or component
  2. add the sub
  3. update the sub
  4. then go into the room and press Connect sub

for me, the sub didn’t add by connecting sub directly to a room - you have to add sub to system first then connect to room. 

now I’m just having the problem of adding my girlfriend to the system as a user…

Ok. So I figured out how to fix it. I had to remove the surround (SL One speakers) from the Arc first, and then added the surround to the room…

and then, with great anxiety was then able to add the Ones back and now I have every working. 

I don’t work for Sonos, but I sure had to put in a lot of time just to get their products to work like they’re supposed to. 

I thought I would post this here as there was enough info to get me thru this problem I have.

I have 5 “rooms” in my wifi… some have 1 speaker and some are paired.

I reiceved a new sub today and trying to add to exsiting pair i get an error… it conencts and updates and when trying to add to existing room i get an error message. I spend the next 3 hours with chat support and on hold to call (once they cant fix via chat)…. unplugging routers (new router) and aps (new deco mesh units) and this and that.. hard wire sub etc and so forth…

So waiting on hold to speak to support, i read sub wont add if there is pairs of speakers...so i go into my zone i cant add to and delete one of the speakers.. then the sub adds!!!! I then re add the unpaired speaker in and it works… 

of course i not have another issue.. one of my rooms has not come back, but will deal with that later as this is likely a new issue…

so break your speaker pairs, add the sub, then add the speaker in again.

fixed

Ok. So I figured out how to fix it. I had to remove the surround (SL One speakers) from the Arc first, and then added the surround to the room…

and then, with great anxiety was then able to add the Ones back and now I have every working. 

I don’t work for Sonos, but I sure had to put in a lot of time just to get their products to work like they’re supposed to. 

I registered for this forum just to say THANK YOU for this post. 

Unbelievably frustrating — Sonos app would just crash and close when I tried to add my sub to a beam. Reboot, restart, nothing. 

Removing the surround fixed it. 

I thought I would post this here as there was enough info to get me thru this problem I have.

I have 5 “rooms” in my wifi… some have 1 speaker and some are paired.

I reiceved a new sub today and trying to add to exsiting pair i get an error… it conencts and updates and when trying to add to existing room i get an error message. I spend the next 3 hours with chat support and on hold to call (once they cant fix via chat)…. unplugging routers (new router) and aps (new deco mesh units) and this and that.. hard wire sub etc and so forth…

So waiting on hold to speak to support, i read sub wont add if there is pairs of speakers...so i go into my zone i cant add to and delete one of the speakers.. then the sub adds!!!! I then re add the unpaired speaker in and it works… 

of course i not have another issue.. one of my rooms has not come back, but will deal with that later as this is likely a new issue…

so break your speaker pairs, add the sub, then add the speaker in again.

fixed

Had exactly the same set up and experience with support - unparing the Ones worked thank you! - why don’t support know this?