Skip to main content
Question

App Update and iTunes

• 16 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Mortified to discover that it is no longer possible to play tracks stored on the PC in the iTunes Library over the SONOS system. We were planning to upgrade our SONOS speakers and Sub. Now researching alternate manufacturer. So sad that we have reached this state of affairs.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

What is going on? I’ve lost access to my music library and can’t re-load it. It started with the app update on my iPhone now I can't access on my iMac or even re-load it!

I received the same error message!

Userlevel 2
Badge

A user on another stream of this forum says he’s spoken to tech support and a software fix is coming on 21 May. How on earth did this release get through testing? To lose the primary purpose of my Sonos system is ridiculous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

This is the current release schedule for returning access to features:

As I read it, that’s mid-June for music library access, not May. 

Apple doesnt even know how to fix it

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Mortified to discover that it is no longer possible to play tracks stored on the PC in the iTunes Library over the SONOS system. We were planning to upgrade our SONOS speakers and Sub. Now researching alternate manufacturer. So sad that we have reached this state of affairs.

There are quite a few posts about this. A quick search would have brought you to at least one solution here in the community. Sonos has remove SMB v1 for security reasons, just like many other manufacturers have done. So you have to change it to SMB v2 or 3.

Have a look at this post:

I tried SMB2 and it didn’t work!!!! Exasperated!! PLEASE FIX THIS WHOLE DISASTER!