Skip to main content

I do like that you have introduced a web app as it makes it easier for me to control my system from more platforms (e.g. Linux). However, I don’t like that the system owner’s Sonos.com account is required to use the web app. I don’t want to give my Sonos.com account credentials to everyone in my household as a) it would essentially be giving them full admin control over the system if they use it with the mobile app and b) means there is greater chance of my Sonos.com account credentials being accidently leaked.

Therefore please add in the ability to use the web app without the system owner’s Sonos.com account credentials. I don’t know the best way to achieve this, but here are a couple of options you might want to consider

1. Release a browser extension to enable the web app to connect to the Sonos system on the local network without signing into any Sonos.com account (like is possible with the mobile apps).
  2. Provide ability for system owner to create one or more additional non-admin accounts associated with the system which can be handed out to others who want to use the web app. This could also essentially facilitate user profiles (which could enable each user of a system to have their own individual Sonos favourites lists; lack of which is a current weakness).  

I like the second suggestion.

Do not want more browser extensions to have to deal with.

I like option 1 as its technically quite easy to do (though not with a browser extension, just with a different url such as localplay.sonos.com)