Skip to main content
Hi does anyone know how much it would cost to repair a CR200 controller screen as mine doesn't work at the bottom?
I'm unaware that anyone can repair this device. I'm relatively certain that Sonos doesn't support it any longer as a repair/replace item, but I could be wrong on that. Probably best to call Sonos to discuss the issue.
I think @Airgetlam is right. In the unlikely event that you could get it repaired, it would probably cost significantly more than buying an Amazon Fire tablet and using it as a dedicated Sonos controller. And unlike the CR200, the controller for the Fire is fully featured.
Thanks for your replies bin it is then such a pity as I liked it more than any app on any device
You may want to see if you can find a functional one on eBay or similar resale websites. While I don't think Sonos will repair/replace, you might get lucky. And if you have difficulty connecting to your system, I'm pretty sure they'd help with that, as long as it is fully functional.
This kind of problem seems (imnsho) more to be accorded to a programming fault, causing several buttons in the lower half of the screen to work no longer (at least, I have the same problems as Evomuncher since one of the last updates). As (probably standard) answer from support you only get the advice to change the controller (meaning: drop the CR200 into the garbage), as there is no CR200-replacement any longer available from Sonos. And, I suppose, it's the way, after the CR100s in April, to squeeze out the CR200s in a less costly way, too. But perhaps I'm wrong, and these controllers give up by themselves ... ;-?