Skip to main content
Question

Alarms

• 5 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Like many, I found the removal of the alarm functionality with the new app roll out really annoying. I rang SONOS and the chap confirmed it was a miss, but sit tight as they would release a fix.

Since then there’s been two new versions/updates released, including one yesterday. But neither fixed my alarms. We have the new app on several devices and none work - thankfully I’ve the old app on my i-pad that works beautifully.

To be specific; I can SEE all existing alarms (that i set via the old ‘gold’ app), i can access each one and make changes - but when i tap ‘save’ nothing changes. It also lets me start to add a new alarm, all settings, time, etc - but again when I tap save, the new alarm doesn’t appear.

System wise, I’ve c.20 components across six rooms.

I can’t get a straight answer from SONOS - given the above, is this issue supposed to have been patched and if so, it’s a ‘me issue’ and I need to try and find a fix or is the patch still pending from SONOS and we should sit tight?

Any help from the community would be really appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The alarms should be working now. I know you updated the app, but have you updated your speakers too?

Thanks for replying… when i check for updates, its says I’m all good? Could you advise how I check the speakers are updated? Appreciate this sounds a stupid question, seeing as have had my system for years… but i just tend to update when it tells me too :)

EDIT: Just tapped

system settings

manage

system updates

check for updates

...and it displays “Your Sonos system is up to date”….

Am i missing something?

Looks like everything is running version 16.2...