Question

Sonos Port keeps waking up my Onkyo receiver when I'm not playing music

• 23 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I was very excited to do a recent overhaul of my home stereo system. Because of the “Works with Sonos” feature, I got a new Onkyo TX-NR696 receiver … Which is excellent … to go with a new Sonos Port. The “Works with Sonos” integration is quite impressive, and it’s works great to start playing music at the touch of a button through my iPhone.

However, I’ve noticed one weird thing and I can’t find any information about it anywhere else online. The Sonos Port seems to keep bringing my Onkyo receiver out of “standby” mode. It happens all the time when I’m not streaming anything to the Port. I’ll walk into the room with the receiver, and it’s on the Sonos input. I’ll turn everyone off and make sure the Sonos Port isn’t active. And then a half an hour later it’s on again.

So far, I’ve tried muting the Sonos Port … and it mysteriously unmutes itself. Right now I’m trying to clear the playlist and see if that helps.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with a Sonos Port and a receiver? Have you found any ways to keep the Sonos/receiver in standby mode when you’re not streaming music?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @arb2986.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand what’s going on, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while any of the above instances is happening, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and check the ‘log’ details of the device to see the source of the signal/command the Port is detecting.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.