Solid white light - can't reset

• 28 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

My Sonos play 1 won’t reset after moving house and changing router. I’ve attempted the reset many times but the light just stays solid white so I can’t connect.

Please help. 
thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Why are you trying to reset it? You should temporarily wire it to the new router and enter the new WiFi credentials into Sonos.

Hi John,

It doesn’t recognise it when I plug in via Ethernet either. It says to do try a factory reset because it can’t find it wireless or via Ethernet. 

Do you have just the one speaker?  And it is a Play:1 and therefore has physical buttons?  How are trying to reset it?

What type of router do you have?

Are you sure that your mobile device is on the same network as the speaker?

Hello, 

no I’ve got 2 Sonos play:1s so it does have physical buttons. The other one connected fine. I’m unplugging it and holding both the play and volume up button but however long I hold then it doesn’t flash, it only ever stays solid white. 
not sure what router I have but it’s brand new and works fine, I’ve tried the Sonos plugged with & without Ethernet. Yes it’s on the same network. 
I’ve had Sonos for quite awhile and have done this procedure quite a few times but I’m stumped. I think the speaker is faulty in some way but not sure how? 

To reset you need to hold down the play/pause button only, while switching on power.  The vol up button should not be pressed.  Hold until light goes orange and release.

Have you tried leaving the other speaker connected by Ethernet, then using ‘add product’ to add the second one to it, without resetting?