Answered

Move won't connect

I am trying to connect my Move to my existing Sonos system, It will find the MOVE but when I go to the next step it says unable to connect. The move sometimes has a blinking red light sometimes white, sometimes green..

I am ready to return this…

icon

Best answer by mummite 29 October 2020, 21:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Edster69.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post here, let me help and try to figure this out.

Have you tried to plug the included charging base into power, then place your Sonos Move on the charging base to turn it on before setting it up?

The Move will show a blinking green light on top when it's ready to be set up.

For additional details, this article will guide you through setting up your Sonos Move on your WiFi network.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report when the issue occurs, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Yes, the first part of the setup goes OK, it finds the MOVE, the problem occurs when setup tells me to turn off the MOVE, then click continue… then it tries to find the MOVE and cant

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Yes, the first part of the setup goes OK, it finds the MOVE, the problem occurs when setup tells me to turn off the MOVE, then click continue… then it tries to find the MOVE and cant

Hi @Edster69.

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, but I got confused, at what point of the set up it will ask you to “turn off the Move”?

The product must be turned ON the whole set up process.

Add Move to your existing Sonos system:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the  Settings tab, tap System > Add Product.
  3. Follow the steps in the app to connect Move to your Sonos system.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Thank you for your help,

After several tries it finally connected…. i don’t know why or what changed… but it is working.. It took about 8-10 tries before it connected..

Eddie

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Edster69.

Thanks for your response and update.

I’m glad to hear that it is now connected and I appreciate your patience working through this.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

You are always welcome in the community.

Cheers!

I have the exact same issue.  Brand NEW Sonos Move I have done the setup and everything looks to be fine.  Once it finishes I cannot find the Move when I try + product under settings.  Nothing shows up.  I have tried all the steps and have reset the device and attempted multiply times.  It just sits on looking for a device forever.  Restarted, phone, app, router etc. . . . I do have Google extenders, but I connect directly to my main router.  My other Sonos 1 speakers are fine and show up, but not the Move.  No luck.  getting frustrated not getting the speaker to work.    

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mummite.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate your effort in doing the troubleshooting steps, let me help and try to figure this out.

What is the status of the LED light of the Sonos Move? 

Knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation in troubleshooting this successfully.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network? It’s best if we can check any known issue or if there’s additional configuration needed on the device that is essential for Sonos.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

Kindy submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hello, this issue has been resolved and was due to having a second network on my google wi-fi.  once I turned that off it worked fine on my normal network.  If anyone else has trouble I suggest turning off all other networks and just using the one you need during set-up. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mummite.

Thanks for your immediate response.

I’m glad to hear that it was already resolved and I appreciate your effort in sharing with us what you did to fix it.

This is going to be very helpful to those community members that might experience the same concern as yours.

I’m looking forward to the continuous smooth sailing of your system.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

Cheers!

Trying to set up new Move. Rebooted twice. Changed mobile device. Moved to within 5 feet of router. Now finds device. When attempting wireless set up it tells me to go to accessory set up. Cannot advance to that even though tapping black bar that says “ go to ACC set up. So how do I find ACC set up directions

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Hey Joe.

Thanks for reaching out, let me see what I can do to help you.

When prompted to the “Go to Accessory Setup” option, try the following steps:

• Minimize the app
  • Go to phone/iPhone Settings
  • Tap WiFi
  • Select the Sonos Move as the Accessory Setup option on this screen.
  • Click through the selections and you should get a confirmation screen to connect to your local Wi-Fi with this device. 
  • When this is complete, return to the Sonos app and hit Back.
  • Search for the Sonos device again and this time it will let you complete the setup

Let us know how that goes.

@mummite Thank you very much for your post. Saved my day.

I rebuild my WiFi from scrace and already installed a Guest Network.

Move wouldn’t move. Sonos found the Move but always had a problem to finish the Setup.

Took me 4 hours to find your post.

Turned of the Guest Network and Voila the Move reintegrated into my Sonos System.

Thank you once again