Answered

Amazon music not playing

• 27 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Alexa says it will play then doesnt on Sonia 1. Other non Sonos devices do play and say the music is already streaming on another devise I.e. Sonos 1.

Before this the music played for a number of years don't know what hapoened

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 27 January 2021, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Smgray01 

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

The message that you received  - music is already streaming on another device, this is due to the streaming limitation on Amazon music. To play the same music for your other Sonos speakers, you can group them in the Sonos app. If you have multiple Amazon accounts, you can add multiple accounts for the same music service. Adding multiple accounts requires that you provide a name for each account. Ensure that each account has a unique name to make them easy to identify.

Here are the steps on how you can group rooms in the Sonos App.

On iOS or Android devices

1. From the  System tab, tap  Group next to the selected room.

2. Tap the rooms you want to add to the group, then tap Done. You can also tap Everywhere to group all of your rooms.

Using macOS or Windows PC

1. From the Rooms pane on the left side of the app, click the group button next to the selected room.

2. Select the rooms you want to add to the group, then click Done. You can also click Select All-Party Mode to group all of your rooms.

Using the physical buttons on your products

1. Press and hold the play/pause button to group this room with another room (or group of rooms) that is currently playing.

You mentioned that it was working before, I'd recommend contacting Amazon to check with your account and subscription to further assist you with this. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Badge +20

The voice command “Alexa, stop all” sometimes helps.