Answered

Playing CD's on Sonos Air Beam & Sonos Subwoofer

• 23 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

my current set-up is as follows: room1  - air beam & sub woofer, room 2 - play 3, room 3 - play 5.

In room 1 air beam is connected to TV. I can easily play all my digital music anywhere in the house from the app. But I have a CD player in room 1 and would like to play CD’s. Question: Do I need Sonos Connect or Sonos Amp. Furthermore, if I were to play vinyl I assume I would need the Amp.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Funkydunc1954 23 January 2021, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You could add a Port or Amp to connect your CD player or turntable to your system, but you could also connect either one to the line in port on your Play:5.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4837?language=en_US

Thanks for your reply. Which is more preferable the Port or Amp. And I forgot to ask - if I connected the CD player as you suggest to the Amp or Port in room 1( Air Beam & SUB) could I then connect via the app to rooms 2 & 3.

Userlevel 7

The Port will work just fine. You could also get a used Connect if you want to save some money. If you plan on connecting a turntable, be sure it has a phono preamp.

When you connect the CD player to the Port or Connect, you will be able to group it to your other rooms and play the audio from your CD player to every Sonos speaker in your house.