Answered

How to identify whether Connect:Amp is Gen1 or Gen2?

• 23 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I bought a Connect:Amp in 2019. It will only be usable in an S2 system if it is Gen2. Sonos documentation states “Not sure if your product is Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3? Check the System section of your Sonos account page to find out if your products are compatible with S2.” but having done this there is no reference in my “System” record as to the Generation on my Connect:Amp. Having been caught out by a Sonos App update that forced me to buy a new android tablet already I am nervous about applying the Sonos S2 app to my system until I can ascertain I could still use my Connect:Amp with my beam and 2x Play One system,

The serial number is C100 1810C *-*-*-*-*-*-E

If it is an incompatible Generation 1 model I would like Sonos to explain why it was sold to me new, from Richer Sounds, only a year ago. I am already very cautious about continuing with Sonos after the recent “bricking” debacle and that would terminate any chance of further purchases of Sonos equipment.

Thanks to anyone who can supply some illumination.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 23 June 2020, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

You could try looking in the App at: System/About My System at the “Series ID” information.    I know for my Sonos Ones, 1st generation is listed as “Series ID” A100  .   But 2nd gen is listed as Series ID  A201.  

My Port (and there is only 1 Gen) is  A100.  (just like the 1st Gen Sonos Ones) 

It's  Gen 2.  The 1810 of the serial is the YYMM of manufacture, and 2018 is way past the cutoff for Gen 2.

Many thanks jgatie