Answered

Please make a BASIC Playlist export feature available.

• 6 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
The discussion about export, import, backup and sharing playlists is at least 6 years old and diverse in requested functionality. In the 6 years I use SONOS this topic continues to pop up... There are lots of threads, questions, answers and frustrations on the theme, often asking different functionality. There are also 3rd party tips and tricks to be found in the forums but none of them is really easy - or they simply don't work anymore. .

I know from my ICT experience import and export is very difficult and tricky functionality. So I can imagine SONOS stays away from import/export functionality to avoid trouble.

So decided to put the question another way. What I ask in this request is a VERY BASIC function: just make it possible to make a plain text file from a playlist, just holding the songname,artist and album title as they are displayed while playing. Either as a pop-up or as a small file to desktop or set destination.

PLEASE support this question as much as possible: lots of other wishes for further working with playlists can be done with external applications. If we share our forces SONOS may start thinking about it....
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 7 October 2019, 23:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Gerard, I'll certainly add your name to the request here for you! I don't have any details I can share on if it might happen. Thanks for asking!