Question

Playing All Tracks of My Tidal Collection

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Concerning the new Sonos app, I can’t find a way to have Sonos play or shuffle all the tracks in my Tidal collection. I can play and shuffle all tracks in a playlist, but not all the tracks in the collection like I could do with the old Sonos app.

Am I missing something?

Mark

13 replies

The same thing is happening to me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just got off a chat with Sonos support. You cannot play all the tracks in your Tidal collection with this new version of the app. It will be added in a later version. 

I also have my entire music library on my NAS server, and the support person said that at this time, you can’t add this in the new app either. Hopefully they’ll add this function later also.

Overall very disappointing. There’s no doubt in my mind that they released the new app way before it was ready.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I think mid June is the timeline. 

Same thing happening to me. Functionality of new app is TERRIBLE. Can't believe they roll this app out like this. The whole point of why I spent my money on the SONOS "eco-system" is to avoid this mess! Very disappointed customer.

Same thing happening to me. Functionality of new app is TERRIBLE. Can't believe they roll this app out like this. The whole point of why I spent my money on the SONOS "eco-system" is to avoid this mess! Very disappointed customer.

Sonos app on Android

Please address this Sonos!

So the idiot IT guys strike again. Of course users only want to listen to one song at a time! I should have stuck with my aging Logitech Media Server where developers cared about the music. 

And I thought it was just me! First time I have used this Community. Look forward to mid June and restoring the functionality of the old app. Shame these things can't get tested before roll out! 

So the idiot IT guys strike again. Of course users only want to listen to one song at a time! I should have stuck with my aging Logitech Media Server where developers cared about the music. 

I am absolutely flabbergasted by this setup. 

I have found this to not only affect media servers, Tidal, but Apple Music at times, also Pandora ceases to play randomly. I thought my speaker was defective, but after researching, I’m not the only one :(

What’s up Sonos? Are you down? Do you need a hug? 

Anyone has news on this functionality? As of 8th of July, I am still forced to listen to my favorited tidal tracks one by one 😂 Hurry up @Sonos 

13th July and I still have the same issue with my Sonos/Tidal only playing one track at a time - so frustrating!

July 18 and I still cannot play the music on my laptop from the mobile app… AND I still can’t play a continuous track feed on Tidal-- just one track plays and that’s it.

I’ve been a software engineer and architect for 40 years. I’ve been chief product officer and chief technology officer for publicly traded companies. I’m a software technology investor. I used to describe Sonos as one of the best software/hardware ecosystems, ever. But, no more. Sonos needs to fire and replace their chief software engineer and/or chief product officer. Their recently released version is inexcusable, after all the years they’ve had to get it right. If Sonos doesn’t fix basic issues in the next 30 days, like the one described in this thread, I’m ditching Sonos and going with the newer products on the market-- for example, Denon, Bluesound, Bose, Naim, SVS, McIntosh, NAD, WiiM, Auris, Audio46, AudioEngine.

Bluetooth v5 can now transmit a CD quality signal.

Almost August and still no fix for this. Terrible. Such a basic feature and they didn’t think to include it with the new app, or subsequently take action to fix it.