Answered

Old Audible account pre-Amazon

• 20 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Greetings. I started to use Audible back in the day before it was bought by Amazon. I therefore have old username-based access to Audible, not access based on my Amazon password. Sonos insists on automatically connecting me to Audible via my Amazon account though, bypassing the many audiobooks I have under the old username account. Anyone had this problem and know what the solution is? Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 December 2020, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @Nickbassman

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information about Audible on Sonos.

Audible is an audiobook subscription service that is owned by Amazon. To be able to add Audible in the Sonos app it should be linked to your Amazon account.

For audible users that created their logins before Amazon acquired Audible, there is no option when adding the service to Sonos for them to use their Audible username and password. This is why you're being prompted to log in with an Amazon email instead of their Audible username. You may reach out to Amazon to check for other options.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

The link in the Sonos FAQ on Audible points to here to resolve your issue. Note that this is an Amazon page, not a Sonos page.