Answered

Dolby Atmos using Tidal on Ipad with Airplay

• 16 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I wanted to know if someone can confirm me that using Airplay from the TIDAL app, the right quality, like Atmos is achieved. In the Tidal app it shows in each track, the correct quality, whether Atmos, 360, flac, etc. In the SONOS App it doesn't say anything in the audio input in “About my System” info.

Tidal App playing Atmos track:

Airplay setting Tidal App:

on Sonos App:

I was using the amazon product fireTV with Tidal for Dolby Atmos, but I got this iPad (5th gen) and I was looking at that in the Tidal app during some test.
On the sound, I could say the experience is almost identical, I'm not an expert to give a professional opinion. 

Thanks!

Moderator edit: removed identifying information from last picture

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 October 2023, 01:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

When using AirPlay to stream music from the TIDAL app, Dolby Atmos, 360, or MQA audio is not supported.

When streaming TIDAL directly from the Sonos app, 16-bit/44.1 kHz FLAC is supported. So I would imagine a similar, or lower, quality is supported via AirPlay from the TIDAL app.