Question

routines stopped working.

I have had several Alexa routines on my Sonos One that I have been using for well over a year.  Yes, Alexa would say “audio routines on this device are not supported” but it would go ahead and run them anyway.  Yesterday (Monday May 4) after the error message, the routines stopped working altogether. 

When I went into the Alexa App on my phone, I tried to run the Routine manually with the play button, but the list of devices did not include any of my Sonos One speakers (only the Amazon ones).  Wondering if the Sonos speakers disconnected, I went to the list of Alexa devices and my Sonos ones were still there. 

thr fact this happened on a Monday makes me wonder if Amazon changed a policy that prevents users from running routines rather than just preventing them.

Anybody else have this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Same things here, it is extremely disappointing especially when it worked before and when I've just ordered few more Sonos products where Alexa supposed to be used.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Wow. This is disappointing to read. 

Yep. Same.

Same here! Annoying as have a few set up :frowning2:

What is difficult to understand why Sonos cannot enable routines during all these years while other cheaper Alexa-enabled devices devices have them.

Yup!!! I’ve been searching the Internet for answers. Two days ago Sonos ruined the bed and all 3rd party control and connection dropped as well as their own app crashing. NOW routines completely disappeared and people still have limited connection. Sonos made some behind the scenes changes and they are slowly but surely pushing everyone away from their devices towards echo devices. Good job Sonos. 

Badge

Same issue - routines appear to run and then radio station or music just doesn't start

Amazon had released the audio routines specifications for device makers in august 2018. (https://developer.amazon.com/de/blogs/alexa/post/a1470f4c-8aaf-4d12-b3bc-5cf38820ff82/alexa-it-s-bedtime-routines-for-avs) That is nearly 2 years for Sonos to (not) react.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Amazon had released the audio routines specifications for device makers in august 2018. (https://developer.amazon.com/de/blogs/alexa/post/a1470f4c-8aaf-4d12-b3bc-5cf38820ff82/alexa-it-s-bedtime-routines-for-avs) That is nearly 2 years for Sonos to (not) react.

Telling them regularly that they just need to update. But seems they don’t want to? But still say the product “Works with Alexa”

Userlevel 1

Sonos!!! Please can we have some communication??

Not only does only the annoying message play (‘audio actions..’) but now functionality has dropped!

Like myself many buy your products for home automation as advertised. 

Please, please please can we have some clarity on this, so are not just waiting around getting annoyed. Thank you.